11/19/2010

Try this again

Kind of forgot about this thing. I've mostly been keeping a paper journal lately because I feel like I have way more freedom with it. I don't have to worry about choosing my words carefully in order to spare someone else's feelings. I use it as a log of my deepest thoughts and emotions so I can go back to it and really think about why I was feeling that way at the time, and if it was worth it. I definitely like to use public blogs for talking about things that interest me, make me happy, or maybe I'll post a more subdued version of how I feel throughout the day.

I got the day off today and I felt a little anxious this morning so I went for a run. It really helped me get my mind off of some shit that I've been dealing with for a little bit, and it also made me feel like a powerhouse. My legs felt like tree trunks afterward. Sore tree trunks, but trunkish nonetheless. I didn't go for very long either, I can ride my bike forever but I'm not used to using the muscles required to jog so I had to take breaks every now and then to walk. I did manage to go for almost the entire length of The Carter III and I went from my place, all around Rockland, and to Cadboro Bay. I think I'm gonna make a habit of either going early in the morning before work, or later on before I have dinner.

I didn't see as many other joggers around Rockland as I thought I would. Just one lady who would go for about a block and then have to stop and walk the next block. Maybe I'm doing it wrong because I didn't stop running until I was half way home.

I must still not be fully recovered from being a smoker for so long because I seem to be coughing a bit like there's something still stuck in my lungs and it's starting to give me a bit of a headache. I guess I'll go make myself some tea, throw on some tunes and read a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment